This is intended for an appy but I turned it into a main by adding whole wheat wraps. It’s very easy to make and full of flavour. I added a couple more chillies for additional bite.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass, very finely chopped
- 2 large mild chillies, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 500g (1 lb) chicken minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded mint leaves
- 16 witlof (belgian endive) or baby cos (romaine) leaves
Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, lemongrass, chillies and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the mince and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar and mint. Spoon lemongrass chicken into the witlof and serve.
Donna Hay – Instant Entertainer